Thursday, March 13, 2008

Volley Follies

Im sore. Want to guess why? I'll just go ahead and say before your mind wanders too much. One word. Tennis.

Its Spring Break here at UNC-G and my friends and I are trying to make the most of being on campus. For the past two days I have been playing tennis with them. First it was my friend Kiya on Tuesday, then we added two more, Shari and Herb, last night. It was fun (and funny) enough Tuesday, but Wednesday night is when it got interesting.

Now I like to play the game, but that doesnt mean Im a pro. And the same goes for my friends. Im sure the sight of just Kiya and I alone could inspire a lifetime of laughter. But when the four of us got out there at once, it was really something to behold. The running, the jumping, the full on leaps and twirls. It looked more like a gymnastics competition than a doubles match at times. I started off with Kiya but later we switched and it was girls against guys.

It was pure comedy. All the mock competitiveness. We got more fake insults over the net than tennis balls. We intended to keep score at one point, but that idea went right out at 15-Love. If the way my body feels is any indication of how long we played, we must have been out there since last week. But Im not complaining. We didnt keep score but if laughes are points, then both teams won!

No comments: