Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Here's to You


I have just returned from an enlightening and inspirational meeting with a very dear friend of mine, one who I consider a sister. It was'nt something we planned, but within moments of sitting across from her I was sure that it was ordered.

There are a fair few people who I am sure I can speak the truth to. Not that I lie to people (not on purpose at least) but I dont let everyone know what is on the inside. With her it's easy because she already sees inside me, so there's not much point in trying to hide what's there.

We had such a conversation. I wont write about the details of it, but it was moving. She shared a bit of her writing with me, and being deeply flattered I shared mine with her. We shared our thoughts about ourselves and each other. There was alot of learning, and alot of laughing. A beautiful exchange of ideas and love. It's really hard to describe in words how she makes me feel inside, but there's comfort in knowing I wont ever need to describe the feeling to her.

She tells me that she's ready to start being smart and stop being impressive. I would say she's halfway there. Some people leave you wanting to change the world...she leaves me wanting to change myself.
Here's to you Tash

No comments: